Davis Kitchen & Tile has been a family owned business in Morgantown for over 100 years. Established in 1911 by Florence Edward Davis (first picture on the right), F. E. Davis Mantel and Tile Company primarily built fireplaces, then installed the tile, marble, and mantles around them.
In the 1930's his son, Henry Coleman Davis (middle picture), took over the business and continued the traditional product line, but focused more on the growing popularity of ceramic tile. The business thrived as customers appreciated the combination of quality products and service.
It was in the early 1960's when Henry Coleman Davis, Jr. stepped into his father's footsteps and set a new standard for craftsmanship in the ceramic tile industry. During this time many new tile manufacturers appeared in the market and introduced new products and methods, which Henry Jr. readily incorporated into his company.
The year was 1989 when once again a new generation took the helm. Davis Edward Davis (bottom picture), after years of apprenticeship under a master, was ready to lead a Morgantown landmark into a new century. Realizing there was more to a home than tile, Ed soon incorporated full lines of cabinetry and design to better serve customers. With new product lines and services came expansion and a brand new location at the Pierpont Centre.
Welcome to a new century of Davis Kitchen and Tile!